LMS 5MT ‘Black 5’ 4-6-0 No. 44806

No. 44806 was built at Derby in 1944 as one of a class of 842. The locomotive was based at many sheds on the Midland route, most notable at Lostock Hall (10D) until it was withdrawn in 1968. Purchased for the NYMR, the locomotive arrived in late 2013.

After extensive work carried out by Grosmont MPD, 44806 is finally back in traffic.