Railway Conservation. Run by Volunteers. Not for Profit.
The NYMR is best enjoyed with a group of people you know, experience the age of steam, explore the stations and see the beautiful vistas of the North York Moors National Park! We will take your group on a journey they will never forget!
We love groups, which is why if you are in a group of 20 or more people we will offer you a group discount off the standard fare price throughout the day.
1. Pickering Station is a must-see 1930’s themed station which will transport you back in time to the steam era.
2. Don’t miss the celebrity station, Goathland, which became Hogsmeade Station in the first Harry Potter film.
3. Explore Grosmont Station which is home to the operating and engineering world of the NYMR. If you are lucky you might be able to catch a sneaky peak at the work taking place on our engines!
4. Visit Whitby with its narrow streets and bustling harbour overlooked by the striking ruins of Whitby Abbey.
5. The NYMR's aim is to provide a high quality, safe and authentic evocation of the steam age.
The North Yorkshire Moors Railway is a not for profit charitable trust providing memorable experiences for visitors and fulfilment for volunteers and staff through the operation of Britain’s most popular heritage railway between Whitby and Pickering.
For further information on Accessibility Click Here.
Group bookings can be made by telephoning our Customer Services Team on 01751 477700 (Lines are open 10.00–14.00 Mon to Fri) or email [email protected]
Image Courtesy: Charlotte Graham