Railway Conservation. Run by Volunteers. Not for Profit.
The NYMR is best enjoyed with a group of people you know, experience the age of steam, explore the stations and see the beautiful vistas of the North York Moors National Park! We will take your group on a journey they will never forget!
We love groups, which is why if you are in a group of 20 or more people we will offer you a group discount off the standard fare price throughout the day.
1. Pickering Station is a must-see 1930’s themed station which will transport you back in time to the steam era.
2. Don’t miss the celebrity station, Goathland, which became Hogsmeade Station in the first Harry Potter film.
3. Explore Grosmont Station which is home to the operating and engineering world of the NYMR. If you are lucky you might be able to catch a sneaky peak at the work taking place on our engines!
4. Visit Whitby with its narrow streets and bustling harbour overlooked by the striking ruins of Whitby Abbey.
5. The NYMR's aim is to provide a high quality, safe and authentic evocation of the steam age.
"Whilst recently staying in Whitby and travelling with Shearings, we had an included excursion on the North Yorkshire railway. Our coach took us to Grosmont station and we were booked on the 10.30 steam train to Pickering with 2 reserved carriages. Lots of information on all the stations, maps and colourful pictures - excellent value. We thoroughly enjoyed the journey and were sorry to leave the train at Pickering, where our coach picked us up."
TripAdvisor, July 2016
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions when organising your group visit to the railway.
We love groups, which is why if you are in a group of 20 or more people we offer you a group discount off the standard fare prices - including our visiting engine Union of South Africa.Read more