Book Experiences Pullman Dining Train Pullman Carriages Jos De Crau M324 was built at Swindon in 1961 and spent its BR life on the West Coast Main Line. It arrived on the NYMR in June 1983 after being purchased by Jos De Crau. In the winter of 1994/95, M324 was given an extensive body overhaul and during the following winter, was provided with new kitchen equipment. The coach now provides kitchen and bar facilities for the NYMR Pullman Dining Train. M324 was reupholstered for last season. Opal These Pullman Cars are of the 1960 design and were manufactured by Metro-Cammell of Saltley, Birmingham. Forty four were ordered from the company for the Pullman services on the East Coast Main Line. Opal ended its working life on the Hull Pullman and was withdrawn from service in June 1978 at York. Opal was purchased by Jos De Crau and delivered to the NYMR in 1979. It was restored in Pullman umber and cream livery, with its original name in 1982. After many years in service it was withdrawn from traffic for overhaul and returned to traffic in Pullman splendour in 1998. Robin Robin was built in 1961 and was operated extensively on the East Coast services, including the Yorkshire Pullman, the Tees-Tyne Pullman and the Hull Pullman. It was then allocated to York – Inverness Motorail service in which it survived until being withdrawn at York in February 1980. The coach was delivered to the NYMR in July 1980 and during 1982 was restored to traditional umber and cream livery with the original name Robin being restored. The vehicle was withdrawn from traffic in 1990 and returned in 1994. Gresley-designed Brake Third Open No. 43567 - Teak Coach This coach is currently in the Pullman Dining set of coaches whilst Car 79 is being renovated. Built at the York Works in the art-deco era of the London & North Eastern Railway in 1935 this carriage has an extensive use of chrome fittings, such as coat hooks, luggage racks and window frames. In 1984, it was donated to the LNER Coach Association which secured a Heritage Lottery Funding grant to fully restore it to an as-built condition from when it left York Works over 80 years ago, even down to the correct seating material. Car 79 Out of service for the 2019 season due to additional work being required above and beyond what was first planned for. Built in 1928 by the Metropolitan Carriage Wagon and Finance Company of Birmingham, No 79 was part of an order for 29 Cars – the first British Pullmans of all-steel construction for use on the LNER. Until 1965, No 79 ran on various Pullman services out of Kings Cross, including the Yorkshire Pullman and Tees-Tyne Pullman as well as the Queen of Scots. Car 79 was donated to the South Yorkshire Area Group of the NYMR in 1973 when the long task of restoration began. The Car came to the NYMR in May 1990 and the 20-year task of restoring it to its former glory was completed at Goathland.