LMS 'Black 5' No. 45212 45212 is one of Ian Riley's fleet of "Black Fives" based at Heywood. She was one of the earliest examples of what would become a hugely popular and widespread class, and entered into service in November 1935 with the London, Midland and Scottish Railway. By the time of Nationalisation in 1948 she was based at Fleetwood, and remained in the North-West of England for the remainder of her career with stints at Liverpool Speke, Carnforth, Carlisle and finally at Lostock Hall in Preston, from which she was retired in August 1968 after a pretty respectable 32 years and 9 months in service. She has visited before, the photo above is from 2007 and is a regular sight on railways around the country including the our neighbours at the Keighley & Worth Valley railway.