What engine will be running instead of 60009? Due to the hard work of the staff and volunteers the NYMR has managed to secure a replacement engine, 34092 “City of Wells”, a Bulleid Light Pacific, which will now operate on the published timetabled services. 34092 was constructed at Brighton Works in 1949 and later that year it was named Wells which was then changed to City of Wells in 1950. It was initially allocated to Stewarts Lane where it worked out of Victoria to the Kent coast. In November 1964, it was withdrawn from service and sent to Woodham Brothers at Barry for scrap where it arrived in March 1965. It remained there until October 1971 when a group from the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway bought it. In 2017 agreement was reached between the owners and the East Lancashire Railway for the railway to buy the locomotive.