About Us Steam Locomotives BR Standard 4MT 2-6-4T No. 80135 BR Standard 4MT 2-6-4T No. 80135 No. 80135 was completed at Brighton Locomotive Works in April 1956 and was initially allocated to Plaistow for working over the London, Tilbury and Southend line, later transferring to Tilbury depot, where it continued on the same duties until the route was electrified in 1962. 21 of the class were then transferred to the Western Region and 80135 was one of 4 allocated to Shrewsbury for passenger duties. At the start of 1963 it moved to Oswestry for service on the Cambrian section, and then returned to Shrewsbury in September 1964. Withdrawn from this location on 17 August, 1965 it was towed to Barry scrapyard at the end of that year. The locomotive is part of the ‘Bridges and Wheels’ fundraiser, all of your donations will go towards the overhaul of 80135. Currently undergoing overhaul at Grosmont. The frames are currently in the repair shop and can be seen from the viewing gallery located in Grosmont Shed Shop. A new firebox is currently being manufactured. The boiler ready to accept new firebox as first step of re-assembly.